While most of the bloggers posted recycled materials, I chose this dish as a contribution for the prompt REPURPOSE.
Your ordinary meals will be extra special with this delight!
This is banana apple cake with sugar topping. You might ask why this one. Since I’m a fruit and veggie addict, I decided to recycle my over ripe bananas and apples in the fridge mixed them with flour, egg, and sugar and blended all together with patience and passion.
Here’s the recipe:
BANANA APPLE CAKE
1 cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 pcs eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 pcs banana, over ripe, mashed
1 pc apple, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celcius. Lightly grease pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Sift. Combine egg, milk, and oil, mashed banana and grated apple. Add the flour mixture. Stir until moistened.
3. Pour the batter into the pan.
4. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or when the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Optional: you can mix 1/3 cup granulated sugar or confectioner’s sugar with 2 tbsp water and spread it on the surface of the cake. bake more for 10 minutes until the sugar crust looks dry.) Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the rack.
5. Serve with coffee or a cold beverage of your choice. Best if shared.